- This is a basic door frame that fits two 30”(w) x 80”(h) doors.
- Door frames come in all shapes and sizes.
- This particular door frame was designed for users with limited access to materials and tools.
- It measures 6’ 6 ¾”(w) x 6’ 10”(h) and is made out of 2×4 lumber. The doors hang directly from the frame.
- 2×4 lumber tends to be warped, try to buy lumber that is as straight as possible.
- It is of utmost importance that the frame be square in order for the doors to hang properly.
- This is not a freestanding frame, it must be supported by jacks and/or flats on either side.
- For maximum strength and stability, use appropriate fasteners and wood glue.
- Please note that when dimensions of lumber are given, the actual size will be followed by an inch (1”) or foot (1’) mark, while the nominal size will not.
- Always check for square!
Need help? Check out our Get Started page and Tutorials section!
This is intended for educational purposes and can be used and distributed freely, as long as www.ibuildtheater.com is credited appropriately
Complete Plans (8.5×11″): coming soon
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.