- This is a basic three step unit to provide access to a 24” or 32” platform.
- Step units come in all shapes and sizes.
- This particular step unit was designed for those who only have access to a circular saw and ¾” plywood.
- It measures 2’(w) x 2’ 3”(d) x 2’(h). The rise is 8” and the run is 9”. It is made out of ¾” plywood.
- The unit would typically be attached to the floor and platform with L-brackets or hinges.
- If the step unit is altered to be wider than 2’, additional support must be added every 16” to 24” under each tread.
- For maximum strength and stability, use appropriate fasteners and wood glue.
- Please note that when dimensions of lumber are given, the actual size will be followed by an inch (1”) or foot (1’) mark, while the nominal size will not.
- Example: Nominal size = 1 x 3 vs Actual size = ¾” x 2 ½” (Learn more here)
- Always check for square!
Need help? Check out our Get Started page and Tutorials section!
This is intended for educational purposes and can be used and distributed freely, as long as www.ibuildtheater.com is credited appropriately
Complete Plans (8.5×11″): coming soon
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.